- Learn and/or review basic English expressions and continue building vocabulary. Themes include health, time, directions, and famous people.
- Practice using adjectives for describing people and injuries.
- Continue practicing the simple past and introduce the simple future.
- Review parts of speech and practice using articles.
- Practice using prepositions of place and asking for directions.
- Practice pronunciation and continue learning about syllables.
The following list is a suggested order for lessons at the low-intermediate level. These materials are useful for students who are getting comfortable using the present tenses and are ready to move on to more complex grammar, including prepositions and modifiers.
You'll notice that some of the lessons in this course may be tagged at a slightly lower level. Students need a lot of review at this level, and you may not have had a chance to cover all of the targets you wanted to go over in your high-beginner course.
You do not need to follow this order exactly or use all of these lessons. This list is just a guideline, and you can adapt the order and content based on your students’ needs and the length of your course.
You can choose additional or alternative lessons from the suggested sections below (under the More Content heading). Use the level filters marked Low Int when looking for other materials to teach at this level.
Some of the suggested lessons have digital tasks so that you can teach your students online or assign digital homework. If you need help using the digital platform, visit our Help Docs.
If you are only able to teach online at this time and you want to use a lesson that is currently only available as a PDF, you can download the Student PDF and email it to your student(s) or you can open it on a shared screen while you teach an online lesson.
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Yes/No Questions
- Functional English: Asking about Days & Dates
- Everyday Dialogues: Making an Appointment
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Parts of Speech
- Reading in English: Skimming & Scanning
- Famous People: Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Adjectives
- Functional English: Describing People
- Famous People: Bob Marley
- Phonics & Pronunciation: /th/ (voiced) and/or /th/ (voiceless)
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Simple Past
- Simple Sentences: Health
- Basic Grammar Sentences: What Happened?
- Famous People: Fred Rogers
- Phonics & Pronunciation: /f/ and/or /v/
- Functional English: Offering Sympathy
- Writing in English: How to Write a Note
- Functional English: Saying Sorry
- Basic Grammar Sentences: Simple Past – I Used To
- Famous People: Dr. Seuss
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Prepositions of Place
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Prepositions of Direction
- Everyday Dialogues: Asking for Directions
- Famous People: Steve Irwin
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Simple Future
- Basic Grammar Sentences: What Are You Going to Do Tonight?
- Grammar Stories: Simple Future
- Phonics & Pronunciation: Syllables 2