- Learn and practice common English expressions and continue building vocabulary. Themes include city services and famous places.
- Introduce present perfect and present perfect progressive tenses.
- Review all simple tenses.
- Introduce the first and second conditional.
- Begin writing complex sentences about short texts.
The following list is a suggested order for lessons at the intermediate level. These materials are useful for students who are comfortable using the four main English skills at a functional level. Many students will remain at this level for a long time.
You do not need to follow this exact order or use all of these lessons. This is just a guideline, and you can adapt the order and content based on your students’ needs and the length of your course.
You can choose additional or alternative lessons from the suggested sections below (under the More Content heading). Use the level filter marked Int when looking for other materials to teach at this level.
Some of the suggested lessons have digital tasks so that you can teach your students online or assign digital homework. If you need help using the digital platform, visit our Help Docs.
If you are only able to teach online at this time and you want to use a lesson that is currently only available as a PDF, you can download the Student PDF and email it to your student(s) or you can open it on a shared screen while you teach an online lesson.
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Subject–Verb Agreement
- Famous Places: Mount Everest
- Reading in English: Using a Dictionary
- Everyday Dialogues: Making Weekend Plans
- Famous Places: Niagara Falls
- Writing in English: How to Write a Compound Sentence
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Present Perfect
- Everyday Dialogues: Going to the Gym
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Present Perfect Progressive
- Grammar Stories: Present Perfect Progressive Stories
- Famous Places: The Great Pyramids
- Writing in English: How to Write a Basic Paragraph
- Everyday Dialogues: Going to the Bank
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Past Progressive
- Famous Places: The Great Barrier Reef
- Everyday English: Filling Out an Application
- Famous Places: The Panama Canal
- Reading in English: Identifying the Author's Purpose
- Writing in English: How to Brainstorm
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Modals of Advice
- Everyday Dialogues: Going to the Library
- Writing in English: How to Write an Outline
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Tag Questions
- Famous Places: Stonehenge
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Verb Tense Review 1
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: First Conditional
- Discussion Starters: Superstitions
- Grammar Practice Worksheets: Second Conditional