Teens & Adults
There are many different stories about the origins of Valentine's Day. Students learn the history, symbols and various legends of the holiday. New vocabulary, idioms, and expressions are introduced.
Note: In the printable version, the three jigsaw readings have different information in paragraph 5. In the printable lesson, the audio goes with the gap-fill version of the reading (paragraphs 1–4) on page 9.
This content may not be appropriate for all students. Teacher discretion is advised.
- vocabulary review tasks
- introduction to idioms
- comprehension questions
- pair work
- group work
- discussion questions
- Vocabulary Preview A(Matching)
- Vocabulary Preview B(Matching)
- Read & Listen (Reference)
- Legend #1(Reference)
- Legend #2(Reference)
- Legend #3(Reference)
- Vocabulary Review(Type in the Blanks)
- Comprehension(Open-Ended Questions)
- Listen & Type(Type in the Blanks)
- Personal Response(Speaking Task)