Runner's Disqualification Leads to New Law
Int – Adv
In this digital-only resource, students watch a short video from The Associated Press about a high school runner who was disqualified from an event due to her hijab. Students learn about how this led to a new law in sports.
A list of key background facts is provided as an optional task. You can go over these facts before or after you watch the video.
- exercise (one's beliefs)
- Key Background Facts(Reference)
- Vocabulary Preview(Matching)
- Listen & Watch (Reference)
- Listening Comprehension(Multiple-Choice)
- Discussion or Writing(Open-Ended Questions)